Me without my camera


Camera equipment is one of essentials while I'm travelling. For a decade since i turned into a shutter bug, I've never been anywhere without my camera. Most of the times, i pick on places to visit, based on what photo opportunities they have to offer. A few days back, a thought crossed my mind - was i more engrossed in caturing nature, looking at it from a technical perspective of aperture, shutter speed and iso, rather than feeling and living it, at that moment ? Was i busy trying to define light in terms of certain numbers and feeling elated that i could twist those numbers and create a light effect that's just close to what already existed, rather than admiring the beauty, the harmony of colors present at that moment? Was I missing something ? How would it feel to be on the other side of spectrum ?

My team planned for an outing to Coorg and i decided this was a great opportunity to explore how it feels like to see Coorg, with my eyes rather than from a view finder. And to my surprise, I was more lively and more involved with people around me. I never knew i could talk so much. I actually posed for the camera, which is a rarity. I admired the sunset, the tiny bulbs in pitch darkness from my balcony, the sunrise from my bed when i was half asleep and still dreamy. And believe me, when beauty is not translated into numbers, it is more lively.

So will i give up photography? NO, not at all. But, I guess, I will not mind travelling without a camera once in a while.

Comments

PRABHAT said…
Vishakha, sometimes it is better to view with mind rather than viewfinder .Ultimately it is mind who think ,who capture everythng in his memory .. camera is just an means to transfer those saved things into this world by twisting those numbers.
u r without camera on this trip but you must have clicked enough photograph with your mind ..
isn't it ??
and in my opinion this is the best way to go to the next higer level of photography..
i am sure soon i will see the result ..with the upcoming photograph.
i am commenting on ur blog becoz i luv ur work.. nd m sure the best is yet to come ..

Popular Posts