A dream come true

I seem to be picking up a pen only when something stirs my soul. And this time its a feeling of extreme joy. One of my long pending dreams came true, yesterday. As a child, I wanted to study at IIT, i still do. But due to some unfortunate circumstances, i, neither could get through JEE nor GATE. When i was preparing for my IIT JEE, one astrologer said i would never get into engineering and I was determined to prove him wrong. All my teachers had complete confidence in me and that gave me the strength to fight all odds. But i fell ill just before the exams, and a series of such events happened which blocked my path completely. All my dreams were shattered. I could not clear any of the engineering entrance exams. This is probably what they call fate and i realized that some things were just beyond me. I felt like I had lost everything. I did not have the luxury to take a drop and prepare once again or shall i say i had no guts to do that. And there was my kid brother, who was just 7 years old then, I looked at him and wholeheartedly hoped that one day he would live my dream. And the day has arrived. He got into Mtech @ IIT Bombay. When i heard the news i just could not stop tears trickling down my eyes. I have not been happier. Now i strongly believe that dreams do come true.

Comments

The Shaolin said…
Very Touching! Congratulations to you and your brother! You because your dream just realized! Your brother for getting into IIT and bringing happiness to you!

Popular Posts