Sanctified infidelity - a times article

What a topic to start your day with? But this article, caught my attention among all articles featuring irrational and unethical incidents happening in this country and perpetrators justifying it. While the writer deems infidelity as unethical, and i agree, a lot of people i met recently, vouched for an open relationship. These people, mostly men, said they wanted relationships with no strings attached. this gives them the freedom to move out and slip-in into a new relationship with utmost ease, with no qualms whatsoever. They are all a decade younger than me, guess that's what they term as a generation gap or as the older generation terms as westernization. Our culture has always given importance to commitment, duties and responsibilities and those are the values we've grown up with. While we do certain things due to social pressures, its mostly because we also believe, its the right thing to do. We do things for our parents, siblings, friends, spouse because we love them. So with open relationships, has love lost its essence? I've also come across people defining relationships based on what they have to offer, whether its a profitable deal. Although I have issued those statements sometimes but that was just to evade questions about my single status. Call me old stick in the mud, but i strongly believe in love and emotional connect and infidelity is beyond me. Time and again, this makes me feel as if i don't belong to this world. With an emotional disconnect, people might be moving towards Nirvana, I prefer to be a materialistic mortal.

Comments

Popular Posts