First Jeep trail

My first Jeep Trail


सफ़र का ही था मैं सफ़र का रहा - Had been wanting to hit the dirt for a long time. Highways are great but then a Jeep 4x4 is designed for untamed territory, doesnt that sound like me. So I signed up for a jeep trail on International Women's Day. 8 Jeeps and 8 strong willed women jeepers, a 254 km drive to Saklespur to trace our own path through the coffee plantations for 2 days. Can it get more symbolic? 

9 am - the drive was flagged off from PPS Motors and jeeps moved in a synchronized rythm. The catchy Jeep Girl branding did make a lot of heads turn. FCA made us feel like a celebrity. 





First stop after a sumptous breakfast at Mayura, was the sinking church at Shettihalli. This was a pit stop for photo shoot, rightly so. The church ruins, the lake, and Jeeps were a perfect photo op. The light was bit too harsh for a shoot, with glaring shadows, but then Photoshop always does wonders.

Reached Machaan resorts, a serene place to relax. Compared to the hustle bustle of Bangalore, this place seems like paradise. Very well maintained property and lip smacking food. We relaxed with music and dance in the evening and geared up for the off roading trail, the following day.




I was particularly excited because I was going to use the 4x4 switch for the first time. Had, briefly used it earlier during my wildlife shoot, this was different.

We started after a lovely breakfast at Machaan and with some food hampers arranged by FCA. For a long time we drove through tarred roads and, I was starting to get a little impatient. But then we made that turn. The day unraveled into driving through dirt roads, gravel, loose soil, sharp turns, narrow paths, streams, 40-45 degree inclines and all permutations and cominations of those. I would be lying if I said I could ace it. I made a lot of mistakes - removed my foot off the accelerator on an incline, did not let go of the clutch and almost ended up burning it, took wrong turns in excitement etc. But then at every step FCA team was there to guide. They guided when needed but ensured, very patiently, and I overcome all obstacles on my own. So, yes, I learnt a lot. Two hours of adrenaline rush needed refueling of the stomach, so we headed to RotiKallu for lunch. We were back on the wheels driving through some extremely narrow paths to our next destination, a little give-back-to-the-community initiative. Since it was womens day we celebrated it with the women workers at a coffee plantation. Though we could hardly communicate due to language barrier, the expressions said it all, no words were necessary.

The day ended with a perfect barbeque party with live music, and bonding that will last forever. The awesome Jeephers are here to rock.


Last but not the least, cant thank FCA enough, for a perfectly designed trail.

#Jeeplife #Jeepgirl










Comments

Popular Posts