Adios Honda city

Adios Honda city



30/03/2007 - 16/04/2019 Honda city Gxi - Twelve years of partnership finally came to an end. As a tribute to this relationship, I take a trip down the memory lane.


I upgraded to a Honda city from my first car, a Maruti 800. 800 cc to 1500 cc was a huge jump and I loved to fly with it. I spent all my savings to buy this car. This black beauty made me fall in love with cars and drives. I test drove a lot of cars in that segment, Elantra, Cedia sports, Ford and finally chose a Honda city on measures of fuel efficiency, low maintenance, driving comfort - smooth gear box and steering in city as well on highways and of course, the looks. And then started a series of drives, short and long, breakfast drives, photography tours or post dinner coffee drives. My Honda, my Nikon and I enjoyed innumerable trips together. I would wait for the weekend to go for a drive, either with friends or solo. Ranganthittu, Kabini, Kokrebellur, Hesaraghtta and Nandi Hills, was a regular and long drives to Mysore, Ooty, Pondicherry, Kanchipuram, Bandipur, Coorg, Munnar etc. happened a few times. I loved to go for post dinner coffee drive to 24 hr CCD in Mandya, those would mostly be solo. I loved each one of those. I truly revere the car and time we spent together.

The only issue was ground clearance and I could not drive off road. I still took it for my first rally experience, the times women’s drive in 2017, to Goa, some places scraped the bottom of my car but the car never complained. In 12 years it never broke down, always accompanied me in joy or sorrow.






The day finally came when we had to part ways, for want of some more adventure. I had to realise my dream of owning a 4x4 and casual off roading. The day of separation 16/04/2019, I decided to make it special, I cleaned the car, and took it for a final spin, on the NICE road, our final 90 min together and finally handed it over. Good bye, KA 05 ME 3809, wish you find a loving partner.

Comments

Popular Posts