Lalbagh flower show


Lalbagh has always been the most visited photography destinations. I love to jog around the lake, watching emerald ducks, cormorants and pelicans taking a stroll in the green lake. Shooting pelicans, landing on the lake, cormorants taking a dive into the water to pick a fish and play with it for while before gulping it, ducks following each other, from one end of the lake to another, has never failed to amaze me. I never get enough of this, i get unique shots, every single time, and that makes me go back. However, i thought this wasn't the case with flower show, it couldn't get drastically different each year, so if I've seen it once, I've seen it all. So, today, reluctantly, I went to Lalbagh, little wary of the fact that it will be overcrowded with people littering the place. While there was litter, i'm not going to talk about it, here, because the zeal, the expression of happiness and celebration of sorts, was much more grand.


Apart from regular fitness and photography enthusiasts, there were school children on an educational tour, there were families with small children and there were loads of stalls selling plants and handicrafts. And all this at 6:30 am.





Although, there was still time for the green house gates to open, i got a sneak peek at the flower arrangement... unbelievably gorgeous.





The harmony of colors is breathtaking and i just felt like looking at it forever, but i was lucky to get a couple of shots before getting washed away, by the sea of humanity.

I wish it were more peaceful than that. But, given how much i hate crowd, I still went there, is an expression, in itself, of how attractive the flower arrangement is.

Comments

Popular Posts